Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Where We Are…

I’m sure you may have figured out by now, that there are a lot of ups and downs in adoption land. Many times it seems like there are more downs than ups.

 

 

· Court in Ethiopia is backed up.


· We still don’t have a date for the          birth relative interview.


· We still don’t have enough to make the trip.


· We’ll likely miss the first day of second grade for Caedmon and the first day of Kindergarten for Oliver.


· If we don’t get a court date before August, we’ll have to wait until October to see her.


· That’s 4 months away.


· We’ll miss her birthday.

 

 

It’s been 12 days since we were submitted to court. It can take up to 4 weeks to be given a birth relative court date. Then, we need a letter of recommendation from the MOWCYA which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. After we receive that letter, we’ll wait to be given OUR court date.

 

More waiting.

 

Last week was rough. Actually, so far this week has been too.  I am upset. Tired. Worried. Ready to be there.

 

I’m doing my best to stay hopeful, but to be completely honest, we are. Worn. Out. And as much as I know God is here beside me and I know that He has it all under control, I’m feeling a littleincredibly impatient and cantankerous right now. This momma is ready to see her girl and bring her home.

 

I’d prefer that this post not turn into a pity party, so I’m going to leave it at that. Haha! We still have some hurdles to clear, and we’re praying we can clear them sooner rather than later. We’ve trusted Him this far, and we aren’t going to stop now.

 

So for now, I’m just here. Waiting. It’s hard, but we’ve waited before. But please bear with me the next few weeks as we wait for news.

 

Thank you all for your prayers. We sure could use them.  ❤️

 

 

 

*I sometimes feel selfish for feeling like this. Our story is unique to us, and presents its own challenges to our family. But I know there are adoptive families out there who are going through hard (and harder) times than we are right now. That doesn’t diminish how we’re feeling, but I know that despite our ups and downs, there are families who have experienced what we have. And they survived.

 

Today, many families are in D.C. to plead with our government to help get their children in the Democratic Republic of Congo home. They’ve been legally adopted and cleared court, however the Congolese government will not issue exit visas.

 

Some of these families have been waiting more than a year to bring their little ones home. Please, pray for these families as well. Adoption is hard. But our little kiddos are SO worth the hard.

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment