Thursday, December 18, 2014

Hard pressed

We do not have any good news for you guys. Just that it's not yet over. We’re going to have to keep fighting.


We found out today, after the team in Ethiopia met with some officials:


“what we took away from it is that while there is no intention to close ICA and no specific goal toward denying any particular children, there does seem to be a very politicized effort to delay and discourage cases from being released/approved for ICA”


ICA means inter-country adoption. Meaning the delays are merely a political strategy; my daughter is in an orphanage because the powers that be aren’t sure they want to continue with inter-country adoptions.


All we know is as of right now, we should eventually get travel clearance. We aren’t sure how long until we get it and we aren’t even sure if they’ll change their minds and deny us travel at all. We’re still waiting on more answers from our agency.


Right now, I’m not feeling much in the way of emotions. Mostly because I think I’m refusing to believe that the delay could go on for a few more weeks or months.


I’m in denial.


We likely won’t hear any more news in regards to our case this week. Next week is Christmas, so if we don’t hear anything by Wednesday, we won’t hear anything until the following week. 

The team in Ethiopia has another meeting next week, one they’re hoping will help to pressure the Ministry to sign off on all waiting cases. We’ll have to wait and see at this point.


I can’t quite describe to you the feelings that come with knowing that there is no reason for these delays; other than to simply delay and discourage adoption. I can’t quite describe to you the feeling that comes with knowing that my daughter is 8,000 miles away, waiting for me to come and get her.


This hurts. Beyond belief.


I’m dreading the look on my boys’ face when I tell them it will still be a while before we get to bring their sister home.




They’re understanding now how much this wait hurts. They have a good enough grasp on time, that they know this has taken forever and will take even more time.


KC and I have decided to spend some time the next few days praying and fasting. Not only for us, but the other families who are waiting. Our agency has 8 families waiting for their signature. I can’t imagine the number of parents waiting with other agencies.


“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”


Friends, please continue to pray on behalf of these families and these children. We can all use as many prayers as we can get. ❤️



{“But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.” –Hebrews 10:39}




  1. we are stuck waiting for our son to come home from Ethiopia. We have heard the same thing from our agency, who also has about 9 families waiting on MOWCYA approval. Hope you get your good news soon. The wait is so hard and weary and frustrating. Our son is 1 in 4 to us, but just 1 in millions to them it seems...

    1. Amanda, thank you so much! Yes it does seem that way doesn't it? Which agency are you with if you don't mind me asking?

  2. Oh this makes my heart ache. I know this pain so well. Praying for your heart as you continue to wait. Praying that God uses this time to draw you near and show you His heart and His love. Also praying for your daughter as she waits... That she is safe and healthy and her little heart is being prepared for the changes in store. Praying for miracles that will bring her home soon!!!!!❤️

  3. Thanks Jenny! I think at this point, we're more concerned for her since she's asking about us. It's so hard (as you wel

  4. *well know. We appreciate your prayers and encouragement. :))