Monday, March 3, 2014

Why we're doing this....

Saturday was 60 degrees in Northwest Arkansas. Yesterday was 20 degrees and we we're hit with ice, sleet, snow, thunder, and lightning.


The mister and I had our last fingerprint appointment at the USCIS office in Ft. Smith - about 45 minutes from our town. We called up my sister and asked if she'd stay the night so we could drive down and stay the night. We didn't want to miss our 8am appointment. 



It took us over 2 hours to drive the 59 miles to Ft. Smith. But we made it. We got up early to make sure we'd get there on time. I'd like to throw in that I kept checking the USCIS local offices website for closing a, as they normally post there. 

KC and I got to the office. 

No one was there. He suggested I check the closings on the local news' website. 

Yep. There they were. Closed. Not even a delayed opening which seemed more logical since it wasn't as terrible out there as it was in NWA. 



So, we turned around and came home. I cried in the car. We'd just wasted time and money to drive down early so we wouldn't miss it. 

We were both pretty upset. I just wanted something to go smoothly. Anything. 

We drove in silence for about 20 minutes.

Then, I pulled out my phone and found the video from the day we got "The Call". I started playing it and KC looked at me. I told him "I needed to remember why we're doing this." 

That improved our moods. It doesn't mean it doesn't bite that they closed. It doesn't mean I didn't cry. It just means we now have a face to look at when the process gets hard. 

I edited the video, and I've attached it here for you to watch. I cry. KC tears up. It was emotional. You've been warned. Haha!


http://youtu.be/gUsozsu_X3I










No comments:

Post a Comment