Monday, June 4, 2012

Short Update

*sigh* We are currently still waiting on our home study to be approved. Our agency needed more information from the VA for KC. They need evaluations from the psychologist on the severity of his PTSD. So, we've been waiting a few weeks on that. They wanted a new evaluation from a new psychologist, but that could take months. So we're trying to see what we can do with what they have: a report stating that KC does not have severe PTSD and that he is perfectly capable of adopting a child. This has been incredibly trying. On one hand we completely understand that they are just doing their job to protect these children and make sure they are adopted into a safe environment. But on the other hand, it just feels like we are having to do SO much extra because "the wording is off" on some of the reports from the VA and such.

I've really been trying my best to trust God through all of this - especially these last few weeks. Faithfulness. I'm trying to keep my chin up and march on. But this entire process has just been fought from day one. And I'm just so tired. I know a lot of you have battles that you've fought or are still fighting and you've had those moments where you just want to throw your hands up in defeat. I've had more than my share of those days. It seems like there have been more these last 3 weeks. Poor KC has had his hands full with me.  ;) 

I've been praying profusely about it. It's one of those you-know-it'll-all-be-okay-but-for-the-moment-you-can't-see-the-forest-for-all-the-trees sorta thing. And I feel like an absolute heel for doubting Him because I know I'll look back and think 'Oh! That's why!'. But, that's part of life. I can tell you this though, it's times like this that push me closer to Him. Maybe not at the start, but it does. And He always has a way of showing me that He's thinking of me. For example, I opened up Facebook this morning and saw someone post this verse:

“Is it not my family God has chosen?
    Yes, he has made an everlasting covenant with me.
His agreement is arranged and guaranteed in every detail.
    He will ensure my safety and success."
-2 Samuel 23:5

 So please keep us all in your prayers as we continue in this journey to bring sweet Effie home.  © 
{I've added just a few of our family pictures from this month}



Feetsies! This banner reads FAMILY in Amharic. Love this one.

A few of my favs: KC and I, Caedmon and Oliver.



No comments:

Post a Comment