Yes, I’m aware you probably now have Adele’s song stuck in your head. You’re welcome.
Don’t fight it. Just sing. And dance. It makes Tuesday better. Pinky promise. Hehehe.
Um, so, anyways…….
We’ve been told that MOWA is rumored to open back up on November 3rd; that’s next Monday. We’re praying that this rumor is actually the truth! We are more than ready to get our positive recommendation letter and court date to travel.
We’re not sure when our court date could be though. MOWA had not issued many positive letters before they closed. So our agency doesn’t know how far out court scheduling could be and won’t know until someone makes it through.
We’re hoping we make it through next week!
We also found out that instead of taking a 4-5 day driving trip to Bertie’s orphanage, we’ll now be flying. The good news definitely outweighs the bad with this change though!
A. We’ll get to Bertie’s orphanage sooner
B. It’ll only be about $100 more than what we budgeted for
C. The trip will only take about 2 ½ days.
The only downside is that we don’t get a chance to be at the orphanage for very long. I would’ve enjoyed spending more time with the people who were her family while we she was there.
Prayerfully, only a few more days of waiting. At this point, it will be almost 9 months to the day since we first saw her face.
Uh, so I only just realized that that is the length of a pregnancy! Ha!
I told you, I’m easily amused and that revelation just made me chuckle. This has been a long 9 months, but just like we felt when we finally met our boys, I know we’ll feel the same way when we finally meet her.
And social media will be flooded (well, depending on the reliability of the wiffy) with pictures and videos of her. Oh happy day!
Oh. One more prayer request please:
With all the uncertainty of travel dates and the possibility that we could be there longer than 4 weeks (and could miss both big holidays with the boys), KC and I have decided that he will come home after 3-4 weeks no matter what.
I will be in Ethiopia alone with B for a week or two and will *likely* be traveling home solo unless our plan works out – not sure about that though.
BUT I’m totally not worried either way, which is a bit of a surprise honestly. I know I can do this.
KC and I feel confident that this is the best choice for our family, so please no negativity m-kay? Leaving your kiddos for 4 weeks is hard enough without throwing in being gone over Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas….
Only sunshine and rainbows here guys.
So amigas and amigos – this is where we are. We’re so thankful for your prayers, words of encouragement, and little gifts for our trip (like extra Shout Wipes – thanks Cara!).
Jou guys are de besssst! ❤️