Hello to all you lovely readers!
I’m sorry that I've been so quiet this month. January is notorious for being insanely busy. Well, we've not had anything new happen since my last post. We will be able to re-submit our USCIS paperwork in March; so long as we don’t hit any snags. And we've made sure everything is in order because we DO NOT want to do that. Haha! After talking with our family coordinator, right now our time line is looking like this:
· Bethany sends employment verification letter to JB Hunt
· Once Bethany receives letter back, they will update home study
· Once home study is updated, we re-submit our application to USCIS
· SHOULD get our USCIS approval back by middle/end of the month
· Will be able to send USCIS approval to Little Rock to finally join the rest of our Dossier/BigFatFile
· Bethany in L.R. will get Dossier State Sealed
LATE APRIL or EARLY MAY
· Our Dossier/BigFatFile should be on its way to merry ol’ Ethiopia!
· Approval of Dossier by Ethiopian government
And the last step: FINALLY ON THE WAIT LIST FOR A REFERRAL!!!
So what happens after our Dossier is approved? We wait. Haha. BUT, all our waiting counts. Right now, it could be anywhere from a year to 18 months of waiting. Possibly longer. But we’re not worrying. We just cannot wait to finally be at that point! I’m beyond excited thinking about it. I mean, c’mon! It’s already February! May will be here before we know it.
Please join us in prayer that everything goes smoothly and we are able to get our Dossier approved by the end of May. This has been a long time in the making – and it’s so surreal to think that we are only a few months away from actually being able to receive a referral. Thank you all SO much for your thoughts and prayer during our journey.
We started this process on my 24th birthday, and next Monday is my 26th. Gosh, it’s crazy to look at it like that. But it’s worth it. This could be the year. <3